Larry Rodgers: a new UFL for internet play

Discuss anything about UFL or The UFL Manager.

Moderators: JoeMontana, Benjamin

LarryRodgers

Larry Rodgers: a new UFL for internet play

Post by LarryRodgers »

Check out ufl-internet.com for my newest version of UFL... Ultimate Football League. It is in development, but my core group is starting their 11th season. It is a subscription service to set up league play, but exhibitions are free for all. Test out the game, send suggestions, queries, complaints... I will address all as I get time. I am coming off a 3-13 season so I have work to do on my own team.
Benjamin
Site Admin

Re: Larry Rodgers: a new UFL for internet play

Post by Benjamin »

The original creator of UFL makes a post here and doesn't get a reply for over 2 years! :( Sorry about that, Larry! I've been busy with work and spending time with the wife and son. I'm using my current unemployment period to catch up on some UFL stuff, so I'll reply now. :)

I did see this post when you originally made it, and I have played exhibition games on your website from time to time to see how the game was progressing. While I am not wholly opposed to an online-only version of UFL, it currently has a couple of issues that make it unusable for me at the moment.These are:

1. Speed. Every little action requires a page load, and this makes the game unbearably slow for me as I have grown accustomed to Windows UFL's awesome game speed. I can coach a complete Windows UFL game in about 3 minutes. Just guessing, but it would probably take me at least 5-7 minutes to complete a UFL online game.

2. Lack Of Keyboard Interface. Windows UFL has those awesome keyboard codes for inputting play calls. UFL Online requires clicking on radio buttons to select a play. This is also related to the speed issue, because clicking on everything is just way too slow.

Having said all that, I think that UFL Online certainly has some promise. It's always good to see advancements made to this great game. If the speed and keyboard issues were resolved, I would be happy to do some more testing and provide some more feedback on what can be improved.