Programing

Discuss anything about UFL or The UFL Manager.

Moderators: JoeMontana, Benjamin

renobe

Programing

Post by renobe »

One reason people may have problems reading the programe that many inexperienced programmers use a style called spaghetti programing. This type of programing makes it very diffcult to read for anyone other than the person that created the program. Spaghetti programing refers to writing a program with many subroutine in the program, this style is discourage in professional circles in writing applications.
I notice the game talant numbers that plyers have don't make as much of a difference has one might expect them too. I created a team with all one"s and the team won four games. I have a feeling that when the difference between the talent level between the teams become to great a subroutine kicks in giving the weaker team a handicap .
Benjamin
Site Admin

Re: Programing

Post by Benjamin »

I'm glad that you've taken an interest in UFL's code! Would you like to help improve it? :lol:

UFL is a very old program. The current incarnation was written in Visual Basic for DOS in the 90s and later migrated into Visual Basic 6. The coding style is old-school, and yes, it is very hard to understand.

I don't know anything about how UFL's talent system works, but I remember a time when I created a team with all of the players' ratings set 5. That team went 16-0 and won the championship, so the ratings do mean quite a lot. UFL does not have a handicap system that I've been able to detect, but either team could win in any given game. This is a good thing in my opinion, because even highly talented teams can make mistakes and lose games; and bad teams can sometimes overcome their faults to pull out upsets.