UFL for Play By E-mail?

Discuss anything about UFL or The UFL Manager.

Moderators: JoeMontana, Benjamin

browns34

Update

Post by browns34 »

I just wanted to give everyone an update as to where I stand with getting everything set-up for the Continental Football Association (CFA) [aka, the UFL PBEM league].

-Rules: About 95% done - I'm more or less just editing them at this stage. There is a rule regarding the improvement of players that I'm happy about, despite the fact that it adds a bit of work for me to do on the backend.

-Website: Currently under construction. No real bells and whistles at this time - I just want to place to store all of the information. The big piece that I'm working on is form-based turn submissions. The more the information coming to me is streamlined and is uniform the better; this should also aid in quick turnaround.

-Other Stuff: As I may have stated, all player data will be kept in a spreadsheet so additional 'stuff' can be added. Part of this 'stuff' is the addition of Player Intelligence, which owners can use to determine how smart it is to spend coaching points on players (the smarter the player is, the greater chance they will improve, and vice versa). The other new addition at this point is the inclusion of Colleges (will hometowns be far behind?), which is partly for back story, and might be rolled into the free agency model eventually (note - free agency is the part that I'm currently working on. It might have to wait and be adjusted later on).

Is there anything anyone wants to see added? Taken away?
browns34

CFA Website

Post by browns34 »

The CFA website is up with the rules and basic signup information. I'll be updating it over the next couple months as we get closer to the regular season start.

Further updates will be available via the website.

http://www.slickball.net/cfa/
Benjamin
Site Admin

Re: UFL for Play By E-mail?

Post by Benjamin »

I just wanted to point out that the current website for this league is http://www.frontier-esports.com

It is truly amazing how much work and detail that the commissioner and the team owners put into this league.
JoeMontana

Re: UFL for Play By E-mail?

Post by JoeMontana »

I'm still coaching in this league, although I'm not as active on the forums as some of the other coaches. Rick does a fantastic job with this game, and it's a lot of fun.