From UFL to NFL

Discuss anything about UFL or The UFL Manager.

Moderators: JoeMontana, Benjamin

JoeMontana

From UFL to NFL

Post by JoeMontana »

Hey all,

Not had much of a chance to give the reworked software a real test drive yet, but with the holiday season approaching, I figured it's time to give it a serious play. Decided my first league on the new version would be an exact NFL simulation, right down to the rosters and depth chart order. Edited all of the team data, coaches, fields, weather conditions etc first, and I've got my rosters ready to start editing the players. Just realised what a monumental task I've given myself. I'm a tool. :)
sutto

Post by sutto »

Wow. Big job.

When you've finished is there any way you could put those up on the forum so the rest of us could use them? Shame to see all that hard work go to waste :wink:
JoeMontana

Post by JoeMontana »

Yeah, shouldn't present a problem. Anyone advise which are the relevant team and player files, or would it be better to zip the whole program folder up into one file? Ben?
JoeMontana

Post by JoeMontana »

First update: 10 teams completed, 22 to go. With a bit of luck, I'll have the whole league done by this time next week.
Benjamin
Site Admin

Post by Benjamin »

Joe, each league has 13 files associated with it. For example:

NFL.chm
NFL.irc
NFL.irg
NFL.irp
NFL.irs
NFL.LGE
NFL.pla
NFL.sch
NFL.tms
NFL.trc
NFL.trg
NFL.trp
NFL.trs

You would only need to ZIP those files to share your league. That is a HUGE project by the way ... good luck!
JoeMontana

Post by JoeMontana »

Thanks Ben. I'll let everyone know when the files are done, and I'll either post them somewhere people can d/l them, or I'll email directly to anyone who wants it.

As an aside, I'm upset (and ever so slightly amused) that _SIR HENRY_ Anderson is too far down the Giants depth chart to make it into UFL. Sir Henry?!!??!
JoeMontana

Post by JoeMontana »

Just a quick note to let everyone know that I've just finished editing the player and team files, doing a few tweaks to some of the star player ratings to hopefully give this a degree of realism and it's about done. Next season, I'll try to have it done as close to opening day as possible, rather than just before the conference championships! :)

So yes, it was a slightly bigger project than I had anticipated, but it's finally done. Anyone who wants a copy of the files, let me know.

Edit: http://download.yousendit.com/925AFB1209A5C02E

It's there. Go get it!
sutto

Post by sutto »

Thanks for your work, Joe.

Won't get to play these till tonight, but i'll send a little feedback if you like.
JoeMontana

Post by JoeMontana »

Absolutely, I'd be interested to see what kind of results people get. On the whole, the player ratings were generated randomly, although I went back in at the end and upped the ratings on a few players using this season's stat leaders to give it a touch of realism. One thing I didn't do was take injured reserve into account, so if your team lost a player this year and he was on IR at the point where I grabbed the rosters, you might want to edit him back in. :wink:
JoeMontana

Post by JoeMontana »

First boob discovered: the team abbreviation for Buffalo still reads BIRM. You might want to change that one, guys. D'oh!
Benjamin
Site Admin

Post by Benjamin »

Joe, I hope you don't mind, I have also mirrored this file on the UFL website. Here is the link:

http://ufl.no-ip.info/NFL2006.rar
JoeMontana

Post by JoeMontana »

Out of curiosity, has anyone gone through the season using this yet? I'm curious to see how it has been working out in terms of win-loss and stat leaders.
Wisnoodles

Post by Wisnoodles »

When i start it up using the dos version of ufl i go right into the playoffs, no season started. Please let me know why this might happen?
Wisnoodles
Benjamin
Site Admin

Re: From UFL to NFL

Post by Benjamin »

Wisnoodles, because these files were created with the Windows version of UFL, they will not work with UFL for DOS. That's why you are having issues trying to play the league.
JoeMontana

Re: From UFL to NFL

Post by JoeMontana »

In an effort to spark some interest again, work is now underway on the 2008-9 edition of the NFL team files. Will keep you all updated on the progress, and hopefully have it available in time for the new season kicking off.

Scotty