Post-Exams and UFL withdrawal

Discuss anything about UFL or The UFL Manager.

Moderators: JoeMontana, Benjamin

JoeMontana

Post-Exams and UFL withdrawal

Post by JoeMontana »

So, pressure of the final exams over for this term, I find myself with three weeks of actual, honest to god, FREE TIME. My wife is still in college for the time being, kids are still in school, and the first load of the day is in the washing machine. What better way to celebrate (or at the very least unwind), than having an old-school UFL marathon!

I have one pot of coffee, snackage that would satisfy the munchiest of munchies, an iPod fully charged and loaded to bursting point, and by God I am going to, as Chris Rock might say if he were a text-based-football-simming-nerd, "get my Coach on!"

USFL season 16 and beyond, here I come...
Benjamin
Site Admin

Re: Post-Exams and UFL withdrawal

Post by Benjamin »

Do you still have your USFL league Joe? I know that you've played more than 15 seasons but your website still only goes up to season 15.
JoeMontana

Post by JoeMontana »

Yeah, still trying to squeeze play in as time and family permits (which with an 8-month old baby is not a lot!). I'm currently halfway through season 29 and still loving it - although I confess I've been cheating on UFL with Madden 08 for the Wii, which is just too much fun! :oops:
Benjamin
Site Admin

Post by Benjamin »

Congrats on the little one, Joe. I have one myself and time can certainly disappear quickly! :)

Hey, there's nothing wrong with Madden. It's a good game in its own right. I've played the PC version for years. My biggest frustrations with Madden have always been the lack of league customization and that Owner/GM mode is limited to 30 seasons.
JoeMontana

Post by JoeMontana »

I just love the interactivity of the controls on the Wii version, snapping the ball, throwing motions, drumming the controllers to break tackles, throwing stiffarms etc. I play in superstar mode, where you control all aspects of your own individual player - I was drafted as a running back by the Colts. It's great playing on a winning team, and I rack up good numbers (looking like a Pro Bowl trip in my rookie season!), but frustrating when Peyton is in pass-heavy mode and I spend most of the game blocking for him!