Wishlist

Discuss anything about UFL or The UFL Manager.

Moderators: JoeMontana, Benjamin

Bjorn

Post by Bjorn »

Thanks!
It's a good thing I asked, since my ideas were obviously quite different :P

The game engine is currently designed to display short notifications of what is happening in a play as it is executed, and only keep track of critical events, such as accumulated statistics and scoring.

I'll see what I can do by using what is already displayed in the scoreboard. I would rather not have to plunge deeply into the play-event-generation code, since I think I need to know a lot about Football to fully understand it. :-)

/Björn
browns34

Wishlist Additions

Post by browns34 »

I guess my list of additions for UFL would include:

-greater roster flexibility
-improved scheduling (I have had teams end the season with six consecutive road games)
-greater flexibility in play-calling so that if you want to run a Pass Heavy offense, you can select the computer to call 50% short passes, 35% medium, and 15% deep passes.
bero

Post by bero »

Possibility to sim the games without actually playing.
You know, just choose two teams (or a season) and watch the games or results, without having to make any decisions yourself.

In short: CPU vs CPU matches. :wink:
JoeMontana

Post by JoeMontana »

Welcome to the forum! This feature is already there, just select "computer controls both teams" when running a game.
bero

Post by bero »

JoeMontana wrote:Welcome to the forum! This feature is already there, just select "computer controls both teams" when running a game.
I can't seem to find that.
JoeMontana

Post by JoeMontana »

At the start of every match there is a dialog box which gives the option to have human v human, human controlling either of the teams, and computer v computer, which is the default. You won't be able to "watch" it as such, as it sims so quickly, but if you're using v2.3 you can print the log file of the matchup and read through it.

Scotty
bero

Post by bero »

great, thanks!
armyofone

Re: UFL 3.0 Wishlist *Updated 8-14-06*

Post by armyofone »

This may be a bit much but here are some thoughts

1. Timeouts listed on the main play screen
2. Accumulated stats displayed on the main play screen. Not great details, just the basics.
Benjamin
Site Admin

Re: UFL 3.0 Wishlist *Updated 8-14-06*

Post by Benjamin »

armyofone wrote:This may be a bit much but here are some thoughts

1. Timeouts listed on the main play screen
2. Accumulated stats displayed on the main play screen. Not great details, just the basics.
I like those ideas!
Dantalion64

Re: UFL 3.0 Wishlist

Post by Dantalion64 »

What I found myself wishing for so far:

Free agent transactions organized by team (or sortable by team)
More active hand in drafting and signing free agents
Getting the roughing the kicker penalty thing straightened out (three times in one half? :D )
Mid-season free agent signing (to replace injured player)
And do rookie stats increase/veteran player stats decrease? If not, that would be fun.
EDIT: Oh, and "off-line" computer simming. I know I can have the computer run the week's games, but I can't do anything else when that's running - I unchecked "stay on top," but every time the sim switches to a new game, it pops up on top - makes working on anything nearly impossible.
Benjamin
Site Admin

Post by Benjamin »

Dantalion64 wrote:What I found myself wishing for so far:

Free agent transactions organized by team (or sortable by team)
More active hand in drafting and signing free agents
Getting the roughing the kicker penalty thing straightened out (three times in one half? :D )
Mid-season free agent signing (to replace injured player)
And do rookie stats increase/veteran player stats decrease? If not, that would be fun.
EDIT: Oh, and "off-line" computer simming. I know I can have the computer run the week's games, but I can't do anything else when that's running - I unchecked "stay on top," but every time the sim switches to a new game, it pops up on top - makes working on anything nearly impossible.
Thank you for your ideas! I really like #1. Every off-season I have to scour the transaction list to see if I lost any key players.

In answer to your question: yes, player ratings do change through the years. Young players can become star veterans or fade into obscurity and be forced into early retirement. Older players can improve with age or see their ratings decrease as they head towards retirement.

A built-in simulation feature would certainly be optimal. As it works now, the Auto Sim program sends commands to the UFL windows to advance it through the games. Your active application loses its focus when UFL reaches the next game because the UFL windows must be active to receive all of the commands needed to start the next game. The Stay On Top option only pins the Auto Sim window on top of all other windows so that simulation progress can be monitored.
Benjamin
Site Admin

Post by Benjamin »

Blocked extra points that are returnable for two points.