UFL Changelog

Discuss anything about UFL or The UFL Manager.

Moderators: JoeMontana, Benjamin

Benjamin
Site Admin

UFL Changelog

Post by Benjamin »

*Updated on 10/11/2019*

UFL 2.8 has been released!

Note that there have been no changes made to the UFL league file structure since UFL 2.3. UFL 2.3+ leagues are fully compatible with UFL 2.8

2.7 to 2.8 changes:
1. CE1 on the substitution window is now correctly listed in white instead of grey.
2. The Scoreboard's window title bar will now display the teams' locations. For example: UFL Scoreboard - Seattle at San Francisco.

2.6 to 2.7 changes:

1. Fixed UFL's ability to print to a file.
2. Brought back the option to append or replace when printing to a file. This option had been removed when UFL for DOS was migrated into Windows.
3. Appending is now the default behavior when printing to an existing file. You can click the Replace option if you want the existing file overwritten.
4. UFL will no longer play the Default Beep sound when a play call is entered.
5. Fixed a bug where UFL would occasionally display a second taskbar icon that used the old UFL icon.
6. FB1 is now listed in white on the Edit Depth Chart window instead of the incorrect grey.
7. The Records window font has been changed to Courier New to conform with the other statistical views.

2.5 to 2.6 changes:

1. A new color scheme has been implemented. This was done to remove some of the bad colors that were present and to make UFL more consistent as you move from window to window.
2. Every window in the entire application has been cleaned up and/or had its tab orders fixed.
3. Numerous dialogs, button captions, and labels have been corrected or updated to be more informative.
4. The scoreboard window has been completely revamped to be more organized, more space efficient, and more visually appealing.
5. The scoreboard now contains a head coaches frame that displays the head coaches of each team.
6. The scoreboard now lists the game's stadium below the weather conditions.
7. The scoreboard temperature is now displayed as ° F.
8. The score window, the kicking window, the penalty window, and the timeout dialog will no longer block the team scores and game information when they appear.
9. Zeroes have been added to plays 1-9 on the scoreboard's defensive playbook because they are required to call those plays.
10. The scoreboard's offensive playbook is now the verbose version.
11. Numerous gameplay captions that were lacking spaces or had too many have been corrected.
12. The success or failure of extra point/2 point conversion attempts is now displayed in the recent play frame before the ensuing kickoff.
13. Fixed a bug where a touchback was reported on the recent play frame prior to a computer controlled team receiving the first half kickoff.
14. UFL will no longer take up two icons in the taskbar when you are playing a game.
15. UFL now requires 1024x768 screen resolution because it is not possible to play the game at 800x600 on recent versions of Windows.
16. All UFL statistics views have been heightened to take advantage of the new resolution requirement.
17. UFL will now send all print jobs to the default printer instead of going directly to LPT1. This makes it much easier to print to USB and networked printers.
18. The UFL Manager's ability to disable the Change Control button has been updated to hide the button instead.

2.4 to 2.5 changes:

1. While I was working on the new UFL Manual, it occurred to me that the Edit Players feature was still broken from the changes that were made in UFL 2.3. I had tried to fix it before to no avail, but my programming skills have improved since then, so I had another look, and I was able to find and fix the problem! You are now able to edit player ratings in UFL without any errors. We now have all of the improvements that were implemented in UFL 2.3 in addition to a working ratings editor.
2. Björn had attempted to implement a feature in UFL 2.3 that would allow you to edit the number of quarters that a player was injured for. This new feature was actually the cause of the ratings editor bug, and it has been fixed. You are now able to edit the number of quarters that a player is injured for.
3. The Change Control button is now disabled by default.
4. The default league that comes with UFL has been replaced. The default league now utilizes the player names and ratings from UFL's built-in player data (but with all YRS attributes set to 0). This was done for nostalgic reasons. The 8-team demo of the DOS version of UFL was the first version of UFL that I played. This league also utilized the built-in player data, and the San Francisco Dragon's kicker was named Taco Tostada. This change was made to put Taco Tostada back where he belongs: at kicker for the San Francisco Dragons!

2.3 to 2.4 changes:

1. New logo.
2. Updated icon.
3. Updated splash screen.
4. The "Change Control" button can now be disabled through The UFL Manager's Options menu.
5. The UFL Manual is new and improved, but it is no longer distributed with the game itself. It is available online at http://ufl.no-ip.info/ufl.htm.

I hope you enjoy these updates to UFL; I think that they have made the best football simulator of all time even better!
a23b12

Re: UFL 2.6 Has Been Released!

Post by a23b12 »

For some reason I cannot use the "print" feature. Anyone else having this issue?
Benjamin
Site Admin

Post by Benjamin »

a23b12 wrote:For some reason I cannot use the "print" feature. Anyone else having this issue?
Are you printing from UFL itself or the File Viewer?

Do you receive an error message or does it do nothing?
a23b12

Post by a23b12 »

From UFL itself.

There's no error message at all. Its just not generating the file period.
Benjamin
Site Admin

Post by Benjamin »

a23b12 wrote:From UFL itself.

There's no error message at all. Its just not generating the file period.
Are you printing to a file?

What stats view are you trying to print? (standings, team stats, postgame stats, etc.)

Once I pinpoint the area in question I can have a look at UFL my PC.
a23b12

Post by a23b12 »

Yes, I'm trying to print to a file. I'm trying to print a game log (play by play). But it doesn't work for ANY of the printable pages.
Benjamin
Site Admin

Post by Benjamin »

a23b12 wrote:Yes, I'm trying to print to a file. I'm trying to print a game log (play by play). But it doesn't work for ANY of the printable pages.
I was just able to reproduce this on my PC. This is definitely an issue with UFL's print routine. I hope to have this fixed in the upcoming 2.7 release.
a23b12

Post by a23b12 »

Awesome. Thanks!
Benjamin
Site Admin

Post by Benjamin »

a23b12 wrote:Awesome. Thanks!
Thank you for finding the bug! It has been fixed in UFL 2.7!